Sunday, November 09, 2008

Next On The Agenda...The Winter Meetings

Hello and good morning, my friends. With nary a whisper, the GM meetings in Dana Point, California have ended. All quiet on the western front, I guess. Next up are the annual winter meetings, scheduled to be held in Las Vegas the second week of December. The earliest any team can sign an available free agent other than their own is this coming Thursday, so the pieces will be in place and the chips will be ready to fall where they may. The biggest free agent names are Mark Teixeira and Manny Ramirez, who the Dodgers should gobble up well before Thanksgiving Day. Boston is in a similiar position, needing to land a switch hitting power hitter who goes by the name of Mark. Do not be mistaken...they will pull out all the stops to get him, move Youk over to third and jettison the bloated salary of Julio Lugo and, by necessity, trade Mike Lowell, Boston hero or not. It's a chess move, NOT a popularity contest. Sad, but too true.

That's it for me on this dark and damp Sunday morning...the early newspapers aren't even here yet! That means it's OFFICIALLY early! You can click on the title of this post for something or other...I'm not sure yet. I recorded my alltime low in blog hits yesterday with a lucky (NOT) 13, so I'm keeping this post short. As always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home