Monday, November 24, 2008

Red Sox Successfully Shop In Japan

The Boston Red Sox have reportedly made a two year $6 million dollar offer to amateur righthanded pitcher Junichi Tazawa of Japan, MLB has reported. Tazawa met with Craig Shipley, who is the Red Sox vice president of international scouting. The Japanese paper Nikkan Sports has reported that Tazawa has ALREADY CHOSEN THE RED SOX and that he would SIGN WITH THE CLUB IN DECEMBER. The caps are all mine because I think this is monumentally big news for Boston, Red Sox Nation and Red Sox International. Tazawa is young but, according to many people "in the know," too inexperienced to accurately guage how deep his talent is and how bright he will shine. In my opinion, his price is so low that Boston is not risking much at all. There's a huge upside to this possible acquisition and not much of a downside, so Theo, let 'er rip! (I think he already has).

Well, it's officially Thanksgiving week, a week filled with food, family and fun. I hope every one of you can make the most of it. I will be flying to Chicago for meetings with President-elect Obama later today and from there travel to Washington DC for a quick sit down with the future Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. I'll be back Thursday morning for the Thankgiving Day Parade in New York City. If the wind permits, there will be a new balloon added to the festivities. Yes, that's right, it's a likeness of me in my Red Sox shirt. Wish me luck, please!

P.S. If you believed that, I have 10 acres of prime lunar real estate to sell you, unlimited cheese included at no extra cost. Cheap! Cash only please. No checks, no credit cards, just the green, please. Seriously, have a great Monday to start off this very short work week, click on the title for more on the Tazawa news and as always and forever, BE WELL. Any comments? Anybody want that moon land, craters included? Let me know via the comment route at the bottom of every post. On that note, sayanara. See ya. Shalom.

2 Comments:

At 11/24/2008 12:12 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Only your Red Sox shirt?!?!?? Yikes!

It's not all just green, but I have saved up lots of Monopoly money. How much cash do you want? Mmmmmm cheese.

 
At 11/24/2008 6:01 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Cheese, but NO air....is that a good trade off?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home