Monday, February 02, 2009

Congratulations To The Pittsburgh Steelers

Wow, what a Super Bowl! The fourth quarter was worth the price of admission alone. The Steelers are the first six time Super Bowl winners, and they deserve it. From the wars with Dallas in the mid seventies to the present, the first decade of the 21st century, they have showed supreme excellence. The halftime show with Bruce and the E Street Band was great, too, with one of the longest Bruce "stage slides" I've ever seen. He actually bumped a camera at the end of his seemingly frictionless on-his-knees journey. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, Born To Run, Working On A Dream and Glory Days made for a glorious 12 minute party. I'm used to him in three or four hour chunks instead of a 12 minute morsel, but what a morsel it was. And the game, especially the fourth quarter, blew away all expectations. To NBC, congratulations on a job well done. Final score...Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23. All I can say is 'WOW."

"Glory days, well, they'll pass you by.
Glory days, in the wink of a young boy's eyes.
Glory days, glory days..."

Oh yes, have a great Monday. I'll be on Ticketmaster (gulp) at 10am when the Bruce tickets go on sale for his Hartford date on April 24th. As always, BE WELL.

5 Comments:

At 2/02/2009 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I think(?) I am following.
Great game. But ya know, in the end I am laying on the couch covered in Doritos and Cheetoe dust. It's just not a pretty site. :)

 
At 2/02/2009 1:34 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

The Game was worth it, especially ignoring all the Pre and Post Game Hype.

 
At 2/02/2009 3:40 PM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

go steelers glad they won..hi peter

 
At 2/03/2009 5:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

BHW, I hope you didn't clean up the debris until Monday!
Mike, I simply watched the game and only the game (plus the 12 minute 38 second party with Bruce at the half)
Hi Shay...how have you been?

Thanks, all.

 
At 2/03/2009 6:05 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And yes, BHW, you ARE following my blog. Simply go to your very own profile and it will give you a list of the blogs you follow. Mine's there...thank you. I have you prominently bookmarked, and I can't wait to read part two of your story. Let's see...digging a sinister hole, if I remember correctly. See ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home