Monday, February 09, 2009

Manny Is Confident He Will Play In 2009

I came across an article in the Boston Globe this morning that concerned Manny Ramirez and where he will play this year. Make no mistake about it...he will be playing for someone. Here's part of what he said in a Spanish language interview, his first in a long time...

"We're in the seventh inning and I'm waiting for my pitch," said Ramirez. "I know that if I play six more years, I could get to my 3,000th hit and, who knows, maybe my 700th home run."

Six more years? Not all of them in leftfield, I know that much. There's DHing in his future if he hangs on that long. There was talk earlier that Manny might be headed to the SF Giants. Not likely. Here's what SF GM Brian Sabean said to the San Francisco Chronicle...

"It's going to take a special set of circumstances," Sabean told the Chronicle. "It's not going to be a long-term contract. It's not going to be at the dollars being speculated. It's going to have to make business sense and it's going to have to make baseball sense with a player who certainly has a tremendous upside in the end and some warts that still leave him on the market because of what his lack of all-around play is and what his past has been in previous organizations."

I don't care where he ends up, as long as it's not Boston. And it won't be. It would be nice if he stayed in the National League...we won't have too face him until October, if then. I won't even wish him good luck because of his behavior with the Red Sox. He acted like a big baby who couldn't get what he wanted. Wah Wah Wah.

I have to wrap up now...a doctor's appointment is coming up too soon. Click on this post's title for the SI baseball homepage. You never know what will turn up there...they're the ones who broke the AROID news. Thanks for stopping in, and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home