Saturday, April 04, 2009

Wild Thing

John Lester and the Boston Red Sox helped the Mets play their first game, albeit a spring training one, at their new ballpark, Citi Field. My blog friend Michael was there...click on the title of this post to be instantly transported there. It's called Random Fandom Red Sox NYC on my link list. The Mets won the game by a score of 4-3 partly because of starter Jon Lester's wildness. He walked five in his four innings of work. He said this after the game...

“I really couldn’t tell you what was going on,” Lester said after needing 83 pitches to get through four innings on a wet night at Citi Field. “I just didn’t really have a feel for my body or my pitches. It was just one of those nights, I guess, of battling myself from the beginning. The good thing is it’s an exhibition game. . . . In five days, we’ll try to make an adjustment and hopefully do a little bit better. I’m not worried about it,” he said. “In my last start, I wasn’t as wild as the walks suggested. Some calls could have gone either way in that start. And tonight, it was just one of those deals you have to kind of shake off and move on.”

Jon is right...it's only spring training, but the games start for real THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW. I'm ready. Are you? That's a wrap for this Saturday morning.

With much trepidation, my girlfriend and best friend Nadia arrived in Hartford at 5:30pm EDT. I'm so glad she's here...we get along (so far). Thanks, Nadi, for the tough trip..the end of the rainbow was me...am I worth it? I hope so. Click on the title for more Sox news, enjoy the NCAA games, men and women, Through Tuesday night and as alway, BE WELL.
NA ZDAROVIE'...L'CHAIM...SHALOM...SEE YA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home