Thursday, May 07, 2009

MANNY BEING MANNY? Not This Time...

This is from the LA Times, less than an hour ago...
***************
Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for positive drug test...

The suspension, which is expected to begin with tonight's game, makes him the biggest star penalized under baseball's testing program that started in 2003.

Manny Ramirez has failed a drug test and has been suspended 50 games starting today, Major League Baseball confirmed.
The suspension will cost Ramirez $7.7 million, or roughly 31% of his $25-million salary. Players in violation of baseball's drug policy are not paid during suspensions.

Ramirez attributed the test results to medication received from a doctor or personal medical physician. "Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was okay to give me. Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons.

"I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."
***************
Hello...Peter here. I guess this is more Manny bulls*it. Thank goodness he's gone from our Red Sox lives. You can click on the title of this post for the entire article. It never ends with Manny, does it?

1 Comments:

At 5/15/2009 12:26 AM, Anonymous Nomad said...

So Manny's out and A-Rod is in... I haven't heard yet if any of these guys will be barred from the Hall of Fame because of their confirmed drug usage

 

Post a Comment

<< Home