Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Boston Red Sox Are In The Motor City For Three...A Jerry Remy Audio Message

Ah, Detroit, just like I pictured it. Actually, I personally have never been there but the baseball team I love is there right now. They will begin a three game series with the Tigers, who are in first place in the AL Central with a record of 28-21. Here are the all-important pitching matchups...

Daisuke Matsuzaka vs. Rick Porcell 7:05 pm EDT
Josh Beckett vs. Armando Galarraga 7:05 pm EDT
Tim Wakefield vs. Dontrelle Willis 1:05 pm EDT

Boston has been playing near .500 ball for far too long. Their starting rotation must become more consistant, Jed Lowrie must come back although Nick Green has been an able replacement, they MUST jettison Julio Lugo and they have to find a way to fix the Papi-less DH situation. Yes, all those questions will be answered by the end of June. Let's hope they stay in or near first place for the duration. I think they will.

Short but sweet for this very early Tuesday. Nadia is on her way to Hartford and should arrive tomorrow at 3 pm EDT. I can't wait. And believe it or not, Manny you-know-who is fifth in the All Star voting. What are the fans thinking? I'm clueless.

That's it for now. I'll be back often. Thanks for stopping by, click on this post's title for news about our beloved Jerry Remy and listen to a recorded message from him. When you get there, turn your sound on and click on the "play" button. It's SO nice to hear his voice again. I hope he'll be back soon...we all do. I have my doubts and I hope those doubts are off base, WAY off base.

As always, BE WELL, and I'll be seeing you...soon. Leave a comment if you'd like. I'd love it. Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 6/02/2009 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar inkling about Remy, and hope that it ends up being wrong as well. Also, nothing wrong with short & sweet!

 
At 6/02/2009 12:31 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Our starting pitching is coming back to where it should have been.

Lowrie will be back soon & we hope he's our answer at SS. Julio's stock is down, so the club will have to eat a few million.

Papi is getting ready for a voltage surge; I'm putting my tin foil hat on for protection.

What players will be gone a month from now & what new ones will be here?

 
At 6/02/2009 12:49 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Anon, I hope we're BOTH wrong...thanks. I love the guy.

BFW, hey to you. Slowly but surely, the pitching is coming back. My hopes are with Papi, too.

As for the last question, I do not know...yet. Eventually, we all will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home