Monday, June 08, 2009

Rangers Take The Rubber Game From Red Sox...Texas 6 Boston 3

Daisuke Matsuzaka continued his mediocre 2009 season with a lackluster 5 2/3 innings on an otherwise beautiful Sunday afternoon. Texas defeated the Red Sox by a score of 6-3. What's wrong with him. Is he OK physically? He explains...

"I think my physical condition itself isn't that bad, but there are things that I am working on right now that I would normally take care of in the preseason or in the offseason," Matsuzaka said. "So in that sense it might take a little bit more time. But what I'm always trying to do is to get back to that where I can put together a good game."

He gave up five runs on 10 hits, walking nobody (!!) and striking out 8 but he couldn't wiggle out of precarious situations the way he usually does. He did, however, throw 102 pitches...that's way too many for the amount of innings he pitched. Oh well, what's done is done. Big Papi continued his modest hitting streak and we have to hope that he'll find a way to get hot. Jacoby Ellsbury jammed his shoulder while making a spectacular outfield grab. He is day to day.

Boston will enjoy a day off today before the Yankees come to town.The pitching rotation for the series is lined up just right. NY will see both Beckett and Lester with Wakefield in between (I think). Taking two of three games would be sweet indeed and totally necessary.

In other Sox news, I have two words for you...John Smoltz. After one more start for Pawtucket, he'll join the big club. The question is this...where will he fit in the rotation? Wakefield, Beckett and Lester ain't going anywhere and Penny is improving and can't be traded until the middle of the month. That leaves Matsuzaka but he's already been on the DL and would not be happy should Boston place him there again. So the question remains without an answer...for now.

That's it for this, yet another Monday. I hope your day will be a terrific one and as always, BE WELL. GO SOX...now and forever.

5 Comments:

At 6/08/2009 11:15 AM, Blogger Phillip said...

I say you put Dice K in the pen. I am pretty patient but this is a waste of time. Why is Dice K still starting? I think that Masterson would be a better starter. Dice K gives up runs and he cant go past the 5th. Am I wrong?

 
At 6/08/2009 11:59 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Good idea, Phillip. Since, evidently, his offseason and preseason weren't long enough for him to take care of things, maybe he would have more time in the bullpen to work on those things.

 
At 6/08/2009 5:10 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Dice K. is a starter, but whatever is best for the team. Thanks, Phillip.

It's all because of the WBC.

Smoltz WILL be a part of the rotation soon.

Thanks, guys. Nadi says hi.

 
At 6/09/2009 7:47 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

It's just that there is NO way that Daisuke will be moved to the bullpen, at least in my opinion.

Thanks BFW and Phillip...and thanks for popping in and being regular readers. I appreciate that SO very much! Pete

 
At 6/10/2009 4:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

My readers, I think the above comment is spam, but the website is OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home