Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All Star Game Lineups...and more Halladay

It's that time of the year again...the All Star Break. The game coverage will begin at 8pm EDT and be televised on Fox and Fox HD. Here are the just announced starting lineups...

The National League's manager Charlie Manuel's National League starting lineup is...

1. Hanley Ramirez, SS
2. Chase Utley, 2B
3. Albert Pujols, 1B
4. Ryan Braun, RF
5. Raul Ibanez, LF
6. David Wright, 3B
7. Shane Victorino, CF
8. Yadier Molina, C
9. Tim Lincecum, SP

The American League manager, Joe Maddon, announced these gifted players to start tonight...

1. Ichiro Suzuki, RF
2. Derek Jeter, SS
3. Joe Mauer, C
4. Mark Teixeira, 1B
**5. Jason Bay, LF**
6. Josh Hamilton, CF
7. Evan Longoria, 3B
8. Aaron Hill, 2B
9. Roy Halladay, SP

Enjoy the festivities. Remember, the winning team will be the home team for the 2009 World Series, much to the delight and dismay of baseball fans the world over. I, for one, would rather see the home team advantage be awarded to the team with the best record in the regular season, but that's just one guy's opinion. What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

The starting pitchers...Roy "Doc" Halladay of the (for now) Toronto Blue Jays for the American League versus Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants pitching for the National League. This should be a good one.

No matter what they say, the Toronto Blue Jays are interested in obtaining players in a trade for one of the best pitchers in all of baseball, Doc Halladay. Here's part of what the man himself had to say yesterday...

"I enjoy being in Toronto...where I've spent all of my career. As a player there's that will to win and do it in October. I would like that chance. I'm not saying it won't be Toronto. What's best for the organization ... but it has been tough because I enjoy Toronto so much. You'd like to be three games up and not have to deal with this," Halladay said.

As for being the American League starting pitcher, he said this...

"I'm obviously very honored. It's a special experience. I'm glad I wasn't the one deciding on who was gonna start. I don't know if it was because Tampa has beaten me five or six times in the last year. I'm extremely excited. A highlight moment in my career."

Did you catch that "three games up" comment? Rings a bell, doesn't it? Boston right now is three games up on the pinstipers. HMMM. I'll leave that one alone right now but remind you that Clay Buchholz will be pitching Friday night for the Red Sox IN Toronto. Subliminal in-person advertising by Theo and company?? My comments will have to wait.

That's it for this beautiful Tuesday, All Star game day. Enjoy everything and I'll see you soon. Click on the title of this post for more on the game and as always, BE WELL. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2009 10:03 AM, Blogger Phillip said...

Peter, you better quit stirring the pot on the Halladay news. You are going to get something started. Ha Ha! I like the set up on the home field advantage in the playoffs. If the American league loses, I am sure I will have a different opinion. Would have liked to see Youk starting at first but as the Stones says, "You can't always get what you want" Will be pulling for the American league tonight. Another great post. GO SOX!!!

 
At 7/15/2009 6:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

YOUK was one for one, as you know. AL wins again. Phillip, don't miss the Ted Williams HBO special Wednesday night at 9:30pm EDT. Peter.

P.S. "...but if you try sometime, you get what you need."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home