Saturday, August 08, 2009

BIG PAPI DAVID ORTIZ SPEAKS...

This is from ESPN dot com just an hour ago...
****************
NEW YORK -- David Ortiz, less than four hours before the Red Sox were to play in the third game of a four-game series against the Yankees, apologized for being "a distraction" after he was reported to be on the 2003 list of 104 players who allegedly tested positive for performance-enhancing substances.

"I'm not here to make excuses or anything," Ortiz said Saturday during a news conference at Yankee Stadium. "I want to apologize to the fans for the distraction, my teammates, my manager. We go into a situation now, it was a nightmare to me. I'm one of the guys, I think about the fans, it wouldn't be as good as it is without the fans. People look at me as a guy who hit the ball, but I try to do things the right way. I definitely was a little bit careless," Ortiz said Saturday. "I was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter ... but I never buy steroids or use steroids."
****************
What can I say? LET'S PLAY BALL and beat the pinstripers. That's all, folks. Enjoy your weekend and be safe...or else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home