Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yah-Boo

I've just finished a two hour phone call to yahoo dot com for my DSL service. Finally, the process is finished. My computer is connected to the internet after what seemed like a week. I had to reconfigure the modem and computer settings and that was just the start. As you can see (read), I'm back on, for better or for worse. I hope it's for the better.

The LA Dodger-Philadelphia Phillies NLCS series starts today with the Yankees-Angels ALCS series beginning on Friday. I'll have a full post about both of 'em in the morning. I'm rooting for the Halos against the Pinstripers but part of me would LOVE to see Joe Torre march into the new Yankee Stadium just like a conquering General. I love the man.

On another more bizarre note, I heard this the other day from a valid news source. The frozen head of Ted Williams, the "Splendid Splinter," was attacked by an attendant at the storage facility where "he" is stored with a blunt instrument of some kind. A Yankee fan? Who knows? It sounded like an April Fools news story...but it wasn't. Rest in peace, Ted, not pieces.

Spookily yours, Peter. As always, BE WELL.

P.S. I was serious!!!

2 Comments:

At 10/15/2009 12:23 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I refuse to read or listen to anything about Ted's head. The memories of my baseball hero all deal with his life.

 
At 10/15/2009 4:20 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hello BFW. He was the best hitter ever...we both know that. But the story reported was SO bizarre and it was a slow baseball day. It was in no way a diss...you know me better than that and it was reported as true. But that was the last I heard of it. I'll include in my Friday morning post my words of regret. Have a great night. P & N.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home