Monday, November 16, 2009

Boston Bay?

The Boston Red Sox still have the exclusive rights to talk turkey with Jason Bay until November 20...hey, that's the end of this week! Boston and Bay will probably finalize nothing by then because he wants to test the free agent market. After all, in four of the last five seasons he has hit more than 30 taters coupled with 100 or more RBIs, not missing more than a handful of games each and every season. It's no wonder many teams would love him in their outfield, including the Boston Red Sox. Bay had a few words about his "so-far" stay with the Red Sox...

"I’m comfortable here,” Bay said. “I’ve said before it really doesn’t come down to just dollars. It’s not all about money. The situation I was in before in Pittsburgh — we weren’t winning a lot of games. When you come here, you win ballgames and have playoff opportunities, and that’s a huge factor. It really makes baseball enjoyable again. A team that is set up to win and a place where my family is comfortable. I’m comfortable here. It’s more desirable than most places."

Jason would like a four year contract worth in the vicinity of $60 million dollars. He's worth every penny of that as he will catch anything in sight and bash the ball off the Wall or into the seats on a regular basis. I'd love to see him back. His agent, Joe Urbon, had this to say recently...

"We’ve had dialogue with Theo about Jason,” said Urbon, “and I presume we’ll continue to talk, but I really think the expectation from our side, and from what I’ve heard Theo say publicly from the Red Sox side, is we’ll probably carry this over into free agency with the expectation to continue to have dialogue. He has made that clear," said Urbon. "When you say that as often as he has said that throughout the 2009 season, which he has, even on the heels of free agency he’s said that and I don’t think it’s any surprise. We have been pleased with the type of dialogue and the things we’re hearing from other clubs."

I hope Jason decides to come back to the Red Sox. They'll be a vastly better club with him in left field.

I hope you had a great weekend and you can always click on this post's title for more Boston Red Sox news. Thanks for popping in and as always, BE WELL.

4 Comments:

At 11/16/2009 11:35 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I don't know about a great weekend, but I had a "grand" Sunday. I had all my grandchildren over at once - all five of them! Gosh, that really makes me sound old, but I'm not, really!

"he will catch anything in sight" - you're still thinking about Yaz, right?

 
At 11/17/2009 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/17/2009 4:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

the preceding post was spam

 
At 11/17/2009 4:58 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Oh yes, grandad. Number 8. I'm just kidding...we're probably nearly the same age (56).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home