Saturday, November 07, 2009

Sittin' On The Doc Of The Bay

Hello to you, my Constant Readers, on this still dark and very cold Saturday morning. I couldn't sleep...you've had one of those nights when you fall asleep and then WAKE UP and see by looking at the bedside clock that 20 minutes have elapsed. 20 MINUTES!!! Well, that happened to me multiple times last night and I finally got SICK of it. I shuffled out of bed at ten minutes before 4am, took my sugar and had a small breakfast and I'm now sitting here and typing to my blog friends. That's you, by the way. My subject of the day, although this post will be a short one, is what the Boston Red Sox should do, if anything, to reacquire left fielder Jason Bay.

I do not think that Bay will settle for anything less than a five year contract and the Sox would tend to lean towards a three year deal, like their right fielder, JD Drew. 14 or 15 milion bucks per year? John Henry's wallet can do it but does he want to? Ay, that's the question. Both Bay and Drew have comparable statistics. During Jason's career, only five outfielders have more RBIs. I'm going to leave this up to Theo and company. There are other capable outfielders out there who plan to become free agents in the next few days. I'm totally sure Theo and company will find someone to guard the Green Wall turf and put the ball in the glove and into the seats, be it Bay or someone else. I just know it. Rmember, Hermida will be a fourth outfielder. That's a fact.

Have a great weekend and thanks for popping in. If you have any thoughts on this or just anything, simply leave a comment and I'll answer you as best I can. Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 11/07/2009 10:12 AM, Blogger Puppet Master said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=digqqJMcA9U

27

 
At 11/07/2009 12:39 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Glad that little youtube was pleasant.

You have trouble sleeping too, huh? I think it's age. When I was younger, I would crap out like a big Indian. Now, seldom do I get a really restful sleep. And it's not that much fun in the dark of the night alone with your thoughts just wanting to shut it off and get some sleep. Oh, well; I guess we can get plenty of sleep when we're dead.

 
At 11/08/2009 5:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Great job, JD. Thank you and stop back frequently...please!

And you, BFW, when I was in college I slept through the night and in the morning just before classes I thought that I was "part of the bed." That feeling was SO great. Now it's sleep for an hour, up for half an hour and repeat until 5am or so. Geez!!

I hope both of you have a great Sunday. Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home