Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Big Papi David Ortiz Speaks From Florida

David Ortiz, a player who the Boston Red Sox are severely counting on to add punch to their 2010 offense, has spoken out from Ft. Myers, Florida. People who have seen him there have noticed that he has lost about ten pounds (it's hard to tell...he's a BIG guy) and he's in better shape. If all the aches and pains from last year are behind him, there should be NO slow start for his 2010 season. It's vital that he remain an offensive rock capable of sometimes carrying the club. He loves his team. Here, he speaks about just that...

“This is a game that has a lot of opportunities,” he said. “This is a ballclub that I carry with me as long as I’ve been here, and I keep on telling you media guys that I would like to see my career over on this ballclub. I’m going to be the same guy. I might get stronger, I might try to stay away from injuries. I ain’t going to look any different."

I hope Papi spends the rest of his playing days right here in Boston, too. Here he speaks of his slow 2009 start, a time when so many people surmised that he was past his prime. Guess what. He wasn't...

“I just turned the page and put that in the past. This is a new season. I just put that behind me. I think people gave up on me too early too fast, started talking about age and all that kind of stuff,” he said. “You listen to it for a minute. It was the same people that were clapping for you a year before and saying good things about you. Their minds changed that quick? I don’t believe in that. It seems a lot of times like there’s a lot of negativity floating around,” he said. “It’s a situation I guess that’s where people make their money out of it. That’s too bad."

I have faith in the newly (sort of, I think, I guess, hmm) remodeled Big Papi David Ortiz. Remember, if he has an outstanding 2010 offensive season with the pitching staff the Boston Red Sox have, the sky's the limit for them. I expect the sky. I expect Boston to play deep into October. I expect them to eliminate the NY Yankees. I expect a World Series appearance. I expect a lot. It's called faith, faith in my team. Faith, hope and dreams. I thrive on those three things. I really do.

That's it for this snowy early morning Tuesday. The weather forecast calls for snow, some light and some heavy, through FRIDAY. That's perfectly fine with me, as long as we don't lose power. You see, it'll be a heavy wet snow, the kind of white stuff that sticks to trees and power lines. Luckily, I live where the power lines are underground. My kitchen is fully stocked with all the essentials. I drive an all wheel drive car which is great in the snow but I ask you this...why go out if one doesn't have to?

You can click on this post's title for all the lastest Winter Olympics news from SI dot com. The USA will play for the gold medal in women's hockey tomorrow against our northern neighbors, Canada. I can't wait. As always, BE WELL. See you soon. Bet on it.

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2010 10:58 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I like your expectations. I expect Papi to do some damage this season.

 
At 2/24/2010 5:45 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Violent long ball damage. Thanks BFW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home