Monday, February 08, 2010

New Orleans Wins It All 31-17 Over Colts..The UCONN Women Roll On

After falling behind by a score of 10-0, the New Orleans Saints, the NFL's consistent also-rans, caught fire on the strength of two HUGE plays and beat the Indianapolis Colts by a score of 31-17. Saints cornerback Tracy Porter stepped in front of a Peyton Manning pass intended for Reggie Wayne and returned it for the back-breaking score. And how about that onside kick that started off the second half? From there, the Saints were just that...Saints, unstoppable. Here's Tracy Porter...

"Words can't describe what this means for New Orleans," said cornerback Tracy Porter. "I am a Louisiana native, and this is real big."

New Orleans showed the world who the best team in the NFL is. Their quarterback, Drew Brees, was named most valuable player. He certainly captained his ship the right way. Way to go, Saints. Thanks for the thrills.

The University of Connecticut national champion women's basketball team recorded its 62nd straight double digit (!) victory as they humbled and embarassed Louisville on the Cardinals homecourt by a score of 84-38. This one was over mercifully quickly. Louisville, who played UCONN in the 2009 national championship game, has lost too many players to injury and graduation and in meeting the 2010 women Huskies, they simply could not compete. Hey, I like a close nail biter with the best of them. THERE IS SIMPLY NO ONE GOOD ENOUGH TO GIVE UCONN A CLOSE GAME. Not this year. I'm taking the ride and I'm loving it! WEEEEEEEEEE!

That's it for this Monday morning. Believe me, in five years I believe the Super Bowl will be played on Saturday evenings to give enthusiasts a day off to recover. I was only able to make it through the halftime show with the WHO before I hit the hay. I guess I've turned back into a lightweight. Hmmm. I'm glad I DVR'd the second half in all its full HD glory. That's called thinking ahead, I guess, or blind luck.

Click on the title for SI's coverage of the game and as always, BE WELL. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home