Saturday, April 03, 2010

Buchholz Baffles Nationals...One Day To Go!

The Boston Red Sox, two days (now one) removed from the start of the 2010 regular season, put most of their regulars on the field and their number five starter, Clay Buchholz, on the mound. Clay shined, going six innings and allowing only one earned run on six base hits, walking one and whiffing one. He said his legs felt heavy but he gave it his all and the Red Sox won by a score of 7-2 against the Washington Nationals. The bullpen allowed only one more run and that was it...Sox win! Here is the Boston pitching summary. Pretty sweet, I'd say...

Player....... IP H R ER BB K ERA
C. Buchholz 6.0 2 1 1 1 1 6.75
H. Okajima 0.2 1 0 0 0 0 1.80
R. Ramirez 0.2 1 1 1 1 1 8.71
D. Bard 0.2 0 0 0 0 1 5.00
J. Papelbon 1.0 1 0 0 0 1

With Beckett, Lester, Lackey (the BEST number three rotation guy on ANY team), Wakefield and Buchholz, the Boston Red Sox can and WILL do some damage. I feel it in my bones, and I've been watching this team for many years. Here is Timmy Wakefield comparing the 2010 rotation to any he has been a part of...

“It was very good in 2004,’’ he said, ticking off the names of Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez, Derek Lowe, and Bronson Arroyo. “The reason it was good is that we all stayed healthy and made all our starts. If we can do something like that again, we could be even better. That’s how much I think of these guys. It’s not just depth; it’s good depth,’’ Wakefield said. “The first three guys are all No. 1s and Buchholz probably will be some day. Daisuke has shown people what he can do when he’s healthy and I’ve done OK.’’

You've done BETTER than OK, Timmy, and we love you. The Sox battle the New York Yankees Sunday night. It'll be Josh Beckett versus CC Sabathia. Oh my! I'll be recording that game on my DVR because at the same time, the NCAA women's Final Four begins and every one of you knows that my heart belongs not only to the Red Sox but to the University of Connecticut women Huskies. Two games until perfection and a second national championship. Of course, during the breaks I'll be checking out the baseball. I'll watch the complete game early Easter morning before I write my post. We expect a bunch of people here at my place for the basketball and I couldn't be more excited. Nadia will cook a little of this and a lot of that (I'm in charge of the salad with my secret homemade dressing) as UCONN destroys Baylor, even with their 6'8" center, Griner. Oh, what a day and night will Sunday be!!

Thanks for stopping by. I love it that you do. Tomorrow's post will feature my AL East final standings prediction. I'm sure of numbers one, two and three. The other three don't matter. Click on the title of this post for more on our Sox and have a terrific Saturday. Let's get ready to get ready for BASEBALL! As always, BE WELL. See ya...soon. GO UCONN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home