Thursday, April 08, 2010

An MLB Umpire Speaks Out...

Joe West, an MLB umpire, had this to say about the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees' pace of play...

"They're the two clubs that don't try to pick up the pace," said West, the chief of the umpiring crew working the three-game series, according to the report. "They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest? It's pathetic and embarrassing. They take too long to play," he said, according to the report. "All of baseball looks to these two clubs to pick up the pace," West said, according to the report. The players aren't working with us."

My goodness, maybe Joey West was tuckered out? Not paid enough?? I have NO idea. I just thought this was an interesting (to say the least) comment. Is this April 1st? I'm fairly certain it's NOT. I had a good laugh, though. The longer the game, the more the television network's revenue increases. Sure, I love a two and a half hour contest, but where was he coming from?

As the Beach Boys wrote and sang, "GOD ONLY KNOWS."

2 Comments:

At 4/08/2010 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's just an interesting comment to make after tuesday's disastrous umping by angel hernandez...

 
At 4/08/2010 7:31 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know...I couldn't resist, Soxy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home