Wednesday, May 12, 2010

7 Wonderful Daisuke Innings Tuesday Night

The Boston Red Sox, led by starting pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, defeated the Toronto Blue Jays by a score of 6-1. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. Daisuke looked calm, comfortable and confident as he let his fastball do the talking. And it did. Here's the man himself...

“Since arriving here, I think this game is the one where I felt the most comfortable using my fastball.”

He didn't nibble, he went right after the Jays batters with a devastating speedball. Here's Dustin "Pedey" Pedroia...

“Dice kept attacking the zone,” saluted teammate Dustin Pedroia. “He had a lot of late movement on his ball and he was really good tonight. That was huge. Hopefully he can build on that.”

Pedey is exactly correct. What a wonderful thing it would be if last night's start will mirror the rest of his 2010 season. My goodness! Can you believe it?

I have to run out to an early appointment but I'd like to remind you to click on this post's title to be linked to more news about the Red Sox, including the health of Josh Beckett, whose Friday start has been postponed. It's all there. Thanks for being here and as always, STAY WELL. And to Mr. Matsuzaka..."Hai!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home