Thursday, May 06, 2010

Lester & Lackey Make It Three Straight For Red Sox...Nomar Garciaparra Night

Wow, I missed a day with no post yesterday. That's only happened three or four times in the past 4 1/2 years. Yeah, my blog has been around for a while. I started this thing in November of 2005. Everything's OK and I'll be leaving for Minnesota this coming Wednesday to visit Nadia. I'll be able to post on her laptop but there will be no Boston Red Sox radio or television coverage...a virtual blackout. AHHHHH!!! I'll get my game info on the internet so I'll be able to survive. Barely.

About those Red Sox, right now they've been playing great baseball, at least for the last three games. Great pitching, just enough timely hitting and good defense, the way Theo planned it, have propelled them back to the .500 level. I don't understand how they could have lost three straight to Baltimore and then take three quickies from the Halos. But it happened. I'm not complaining. Let me start with Tuesday night, a night of Lester brilliance.

Jon Lester spun a beauty and seems like he has found his mid season form. The Sox defeated the LA Angels by a score of 5-1 with the help of some late game runs and timely hits. Lester went a splendid eight innings, allowing only five hits and one earned run, walking two and whiffing five Halos. He was in control and it just seems that with every start he's becoming more and more invincible. Papelbon pitched a goose egg ninth in a non-save situation. A good night was had by all, including me.

OK, on to last night, a night when John Lackey faced his old team and the Red Sox honored Nomar Garciaparra before the first pitch. The quick ceremony was a love fest and Nomar was beamingly jubilent. The Fenway Faithful stood and poured out their love. After that, John Lackey started pounding the strike zone constantly, baffling the team from California. He allowed the Halos only two hits and one little run in seven innings. Bard and Papelbon contributed goose egg innings and on the strength of a Big Papi home run, the Boston Red Sox won the game by a score of 3-1. Nice! Lackey was tremendous facing his former team and here he is...

“It was different facing the jersey, I guess,’’ Lackey said. “There’s not a whole lot of guys in that lineup, really, that I played with for an extended period of time. It was definitely a little bit different. But we needed to win a game, that’s the bottom line.’’

It was a good night all around. The Sox have one more game left with the Angels and Daisuke Matsuzaka will try to make it a clean sweep. I know I have faith in my team but I'm a little nervous already about him toeing the rubber, especially after his last start. I wish him and his team well...obviously. GO SOX.

You can simply simply click on the title of this post and you'll be zapped to the Boston Herald website with all the Sox coverage. AS ALWAYS, BE WELL. Thanks. See ya. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home