Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Boston Red Sox Score A Week's Worth Of Runs To Beat Halos 17-8...Old Friend Dave Roberts Battling Cancer

Old friend and 2004 Boston Red Sox hero Dave Roberts is battling Hodgkins Lymphoma, a form of cancer that is said to be highly treatable. Recently he felt soreness in his neck and found a bump there. A doctor visit confirmed that it was cancer. Treatment for Hodgkins Lymphona has vastly improved since the early '80s when I lost a dear friend to that malady. Here's Dave...

“I expect to beat this and be fully recovered. I’m looking forward to beating it. I’m doing good. Once the initial shock wore off, I’m at the stage now of ‘What can we do to beat this?’ My wife’s been incredible. She’s been a pillar of strength for our family and I’m feeding off her energy.”

Feed away, Dave. We of Red Sox Nation dearly love you and every one of us will be praying for your speedy recovery. Faith. That's what it's all about. WE HAVE FAITH. Be well.

Monday night it was back to home cooking for the Boston Red Sox and the hitting shoes were on white-hot fire. The Red Sox mangled the LA Angels by a score of 17-8, with Mike Lowell and JD Drew leading the hit parade. Big Papi David Ortiz was again relegated to the bench. That's OK, Lowell has been hitting the cover off the ball. He's becoming "Mr. Doubles" yet again.Buchholz had one bad inning but was able to go 5 2/3 innings. Delcarmen and Ramirez finished the sixth and pitched the seventh and eighth. By that time, the Sox had it all wrapped up. Maybe that's why Terry Francona left Schoenweis in so long. He wanted to give Bard, Okie and Papelbon a much needed rest. It worked but Schoeneweis might not be long for the big league club, not from what I saw last night. He surrendered four hits and four runs in the ninth, a disaster averted by the huge Boston lead. The Sox must string some wins together and do it quickly. Let's hope that the lumber will keep on talking, yelling like last night. Here's Mikey Lowell on exactly that...

“We’re not going to bang out 20 hits every night, but the ability’s there to be a good offensive team. This is a step in the right direction."

Bang away, lumber. You can click on this post's title for more Sox stuff and as always, BE WELL. I thank you for stopping in once again. Your comments are always welcome and always answered. See ya.

2 Comments:

At 5/04/2010 7:33 PM, Blogger Faithy said...

Peter, I know you didn't mean me when you said, "Faith. That's what it's all about. WE HAVE FAITH." but it prompts me to share my favorite definition. 'Faith is seeing light with your heart, when all your eye's can see is darkness'

Keep the faith, my friend

 
At 5/06/2010 6:03 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

That's nice! I will. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home