Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Red Sox Much Needed Comback Over NYY

Another day, another 5 run hole the Boston Red Sox found themselves in. There was a big difference at the end of this one, though. They won. Jonathon Papelbon had a difficult and shaky bottom of the ninth but the Sox prevailed by a score of 7-6. But there was a casualty and the defense was shoddy at times. Scutaro had two big errors that led to 2 unearned runs. In all, Beckett surrendered 5 runs, 3 of 'em earned. While pitching the bottom of the fifth, he reinjured his back while throwing a split-fingered fastball to, who else, AROD. The bullpen saved the day as Boston scored 1 run in the 6th, 4 big ones (a beautiful crooked number, at last) in the 8th and 2 huge runs in the ninth to go ahead for good but it wasn't easy. Not by a long shot. Here's Big Papi David Ortiz...

“We’ve been hitting well,” said David Ortiz, whose eighth-inning RBI single (he thought it was a home run) tied the game in the four-run frame, with Jeremy Hermida’s two-run double in the ninth putting the Sox on top for good. “We just need to start up the offense and give us a chance to score some runs.”

Here's the skipper...

“It’s a hard way to play the game, to have Josh hurt and reliever Manny Delcarmen coming in (so early),” said manager Terry Francona. “There’s nothing else to do except keep playing. We made some mistakes but we didn’t allow it to cost us the win.”

The team flew back to Boston last night and will play a two game series at Fenway against the Minnesota Twins. Game 1 pitchers are Buchholz versus Baker and the game 2 guys will be Lester and Liriano. We need two, that's for sure.

I'll be in Minnesota very shortly to help (not pay for) Nadia buy her first car. For those of you who don't know who Nadia is, she and I are at Beach Park Beach in the picture on the right sign of your screen. She's the one with the sly smile on her face...she knew we were on our way to one of the best lobster restaurants on the Connecticut shore. Oh, the lobster, potato and fresh corn were AMAZING!!! I also have the supreme challenge of teaching her the finer points of driving a 4 wheel motorized machine. She knows the basics but I have to fine tune her mind to so many things when she gets behind the wheel without me in in car. That'll take 25 hours of driving practice with me in the car, if not more if I think it's needed. Who's the boss? Me! Day and night driving, back road, highways and everything in between will be covered. EYES ON THE ROAD AT ALL TIMES EVEN IF THE RADIO STATION NEEDS CHANGING. And so much more. She can do it but it might take a LOT out of me. But I don't mind...maybe after I'm gone she'll remember these lessons with a whistful smile and a look to the skies. That would be so nice.

Have a terrific Hump Day Wednesday and if you have the time, click on the title of this post for a goodie of some kind. Bookmark if you already haven't. I thank you for stopping in to my little corner of the blue nowhere (the internet) and please come back. My hit numbers have taken a dramatic drop but I'll keep writing a post every morning as well as reading and responding to every one of your comments. That's a promise. As always, BE WELL. See ya.

2 Comments:

At 5/19/2010 10:29 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I'm in a lot better mood today. I'm glad I didn't give up on them last night - I stayed until the glorious end (while you were catching your ZZZZZ I'm sure :)

Great move helping Nadia getting a car and with driving lessons. That should make for some interesting posts. Also, I understand why the driving lessons are in Minn and not Conn. Otherwise, you would have to sing "Baby You Can't Drive My Car".

 
At 5/20/2010 5:14 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

HAHA but truthfully, my car is a six speed. She'll have enough on her mind without having to learn how to drive one. PHEW!

Buchholz was AMAZING last night, the best he's ever been.

Thanks, BFW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home