Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Beckett's Back...Lowell Drives In Winning Runs...Shaq To Green Team?

The Boston Red Sox defeated the Cleveland Indians by a score of 2-1 Tuesday night on the strength of Josh Beckett's (HE'S BACK!) arm and the bat of the subbing Mike Lowell. Beckett had every pitch working and he said this after the game...

“I had some pitches to go to,” Beckett said. “I got myself into counts to where they could have taken advantage, but I had something I could go to, whether it be cutter or sinker. My changeup actually got a lot better as the game went along and my curveball was a lot better.”

Folks, he had EVERYTHING working and was an utter joy to watch. He literally was. OK, hero number two. The Fenway Faithful greeted Mike Lowell as he strode to the plate in the second inning, his first at bat in a long time in front of the fans who love him. He was subbing for the thumb-injured Kevin Youkilis, our YOUK. Mikey made everybody instantly happy by pouncing on the first pitch he saw and depositing the baseball into the seats in left. The crowd simply wents NUTS! We did too here in my Farmington household. Here's our Mike...

“That was a good pitch to hit and I took a real good swing. I don’t know if they were clapping because they thought maybe I was gone or because they’re happy to see me still here. It’s a real nice feeling. Running the bases felt real good.

All's well that ends well. The Rays beat up on the Yankees yesterday and they have sole possession of first place in the AL East. Good for them. The Boston Red Sox will keep on keeping on. Click on this post's title for more on the Sox and as always, BE WELL. Thank you for being here.

P.S. There are strong media rumors that Shaq O'Neal will sign with the Boston Celtics. Imagine that! More in the coming days. That's a promise.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2010 11:32 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Now that game was more like it. Even a little bru-ha-ha.

We had the high temperature in the nation yesterday - 109 degrees! My AC can barely keep the house below 80. I'm going down to Dallas next week to catch some of the Sox games & escape this heat - it's 3 or 4 degrees cooler down there.

 
At 8/05/2010 5:35 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, that's hot! With humidity, I bet. Boy, Lester and the teamed looked awful last night. Without Youk, we're doomed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home