Thursday, August 12, 2010

Buchholz Shines White Hot..Boston 10 Blue Jays 1

Clay Buchholz continued his mastery of the mound up in Toronto last night and everywhere the Boston Red Sox have played lately. Last night, he had "it" going. He pitched eight full innings and gave up only one UNEARNED run and five base hits, walking two and whiffing four. He's been so clutch for the the Sox lately. Clay has given up only five earned runs on 21 hits over 30 1/3 innings in his last four starts. The Sox have won seven of the last eight games he has started. That's called being clutch, something that I wish today's Boston starter, John Lackey, could be. The hitting stars? Bill Hall slammed two home runs to the second deck in left field and Adrian Beltre slammed one, a three run tater. I sincerely hope Boston can resign him but he will become a free agent and after the 2010 season, he'll collect a pretty penny. But he's our spark plug and an invaluable asset at the hot corner. Outfielder Darnell McDonald warned the other AL teams this...

“Don’t sleep on the Sox. We have something good going on.’’

I'd never sleep on the Red Sox. Hey, that's what I do for a living, manufacture mattresses, box springs and futons here in good old Hartford, CT. Bill Hall, the two tater Wednesday night guy, said this...

“We’re looking for a really big week right now. “This is something we’ve been looking for for a while. Hopefully it will continue.’’

Speaking of new, the Red Sox' new catcher reported to the team and played last night. His name is Jarrod Saltalamaccia (I hope I spelled that correctly). He said these words before his brief appearance last night...

“I’m excited. You don’t get this opportunity too often. Not too many people get to the big leagues as it is. To play for a team like Boston and the legacy here, I’m just excited.’’

I don't blame you, Jarrod. You will be a welcome addition for our injury-depleted team, a team that is IN the race for a playoff spot. This is crunch time, from now until the first couple days of October. It's day baseball today, getaway day in Toronto. First pitch time will be shortly after 12:30pm EDT. Here are all the details...

Thu. 12 at Tor*** 12:37 PM ET *NESN/RSN*** Lackey (10-7) vs. Mills (1-0)

So enjoy your Thursday and let's hope the Red Sox can nail down this three game sweep. The wild card race is close so anything can and probably will happen. That thought sends chills up and down my spine. GO SOX!

That's it for this Thursday. If you can, catch the game on NESN and NESN HD. If not, read about it here. You can click on this post's title for more Sox stuff and as always, BE WELL. I thank you for stopping in once again. I guess I'm a lucky guy. Shucks, I KNOW I am. Take care and be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home