Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And So It Ends...

When this season started, I titled the first regular season 2010 post AND SO IT BEGINS. The only apt title for this "elimination morning" post is the one that you see above. Last night in Chicago, the White Sox came back against a flutteringly ineffective Boston Red Sox bullpen and won the game by a score of 5-4. Lackey pitched well for six innings, giving up two runs, but the 'pen couldn't hold it. Here's the Boston skipper, Terry Francona, better known as Tito...

“There’s no fun going home before you want to, regardless of what’s happened. I think the world of those guys in that clubhouse and the effort. I want to keep playing.’’

Well said, Tito. Our very own Big Papi David Ortiz put his feelings this way...

“Watching the games on TV, it’s going to feel weird."

I'm SO proud of this team, a bunch of talented guys who barreled through this 2010 season drowned in injuries, too many of them serious. Thank you players and coaches alike. You made us so very happy. You never gave up. For only the second time in eight years we won't be seeing you in October but I'm proud of you nevertheless. I always will be. Now we go for 90 wins, watch Jon Lester win his twentieth and Clay Buchholz try to win the AL ERA title. For a team that's been eliminated, what could be better?

You can click on this post's title for more about the Sox. Thanks for coming around. I really appreciate it SO much. As always, BE WELL. Take care.

2 Comments:

At 9/29/2010 12:06 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Contenders for 157 games - considering everything, I'll take it.

Did you get to see "The 10th Inning" on PBS last night? The second part is tonight & includes a couple of World Championships you might be like to revisit.

 
At 9/30/2010 4:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I have Pt. 2 on my DVR and I will be watching it a little later. I can't wait. I missed part one. The Comeback! Thanks BFW.

The Red Sox just might win 90 games. Considering their injuries, Francona shold be manager of the year. Hey, that's what I'll write about tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home