Saturday, September 11, 2010

Clay Buchholz Bombed By The A's...9/11

The Oakland A's whitewashed the Boston Red Sox by a score of 5-0. It was a remarkably short and hideous outing for Clay Buchholz, who was only able to go one plus innings. It was painful to watch. Here is Mister B...

“I was just missing with pitches trying to go in, missing away. I felt like I’ve been off for seven days, that’s basically what it felt like. I didn’t really feel comfortable throwing in the bullpen."

Luckily the games Boston has left to play are basically meaningless. They're too far out of the race with not enough time to make up the gap. To make matters worse, the Sox bats were again silent. Eerily mute. Helpless, hopeless. It's all or nothing at all for this New England team that is so close to my heart.

There is something much more important to talk about, though. Right now. Look at the calendar. That's right, it's September 11th, that horrid and tragic date for Americans and people (almost) everywhere. Look up in the sky and say a prayer for those tragically lost souls who passed away needlessly in an incredibly cruel way. They live on in Heaven. My blog friend John Quinn wrote a moving post on his blog. He'll be there today at Ground Zero. I linked his blog to the title of this post. He's such a good person. Please click on it and read the moving words from today and years past. It's all there. I cried. Thank you John and God bless us every one. Go ahead and click away and maybe even leave John a comment. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you. I really do.

2 Comments:

At 9/11/2010 10:13 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

I was very moved by your beautiful words, Peter. It was another emotional day at Ground Zero, but I was proud to be there.

Thanks always, my friend.

 
At 9/12/2010 4:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Friends forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home