Monday, October 04, 2010

Game Ovah! Season Ovah. Red Sox Banish Yankees To Wild Card With 8-4 Victory

The NY Yankees will be the 2010 American League wild card team after they again lost to the Boston Red Sox on Sunday. The final was 8-4 Good Guys. For the Yankees, who stumbled through September, there's a tough road ahead. For Boston, there is much off season work for Theo & company to do. Number one would be to buy (yes, buy) the services of a first class reliever, one who can be counted on. Number two would be to retain the services of Adrian Beltre and Victor Martinez. Our team is still strong, deep down, but the Red Sox were depleted by unfortunate mishaps. Here's Kevin Youkilis...

“I don’t feel like we’re that far away. The core of this team is very strong. It could have been a lot different for us this year.’’

I feel the exact same way. Hey, I'm glad we beat the Yankees on Sunday. They will not have ANY kind of home field advantage. Look for them to bow out early in the AL playoffs. I know I'll be watching every pitch.

I had a great time typing to you this season of 2010. I'll do it again next year and I'll be back with daily posts about the upcoming off season manipulations the Red Sox must complete. Click on this post's title for more on our favorite team and as always, BE WELL. Hey, it was fun, wasn't it? As always, BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 10/11/2010 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was one of the greatest games ever - and I watched the 75, 86, 2004, and 2007 series on tv! Why? because the team played its heart out like it mattered, even though they had already been eliminated from the postseason; because the fans cheered their hearts out; because I got to see all the steals and double plays etc; and because A-roid was the last out! Awesome, awesome game played with courage and heart just for the joy of it!

 
At 10/12/2010 6:00 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I so agree with you. I attended the first two games of the '75 Series and watched Looie dazzle and Bill Lee be interrupted by an ill-timed rain delay. We (my Mom and I) were sitting in the first row directly behind first base. When the shortstop threw from the left side, it was coming right at us. I WILL NEVER FORGET Looie Tiant's start. He was unhittable!! I went to one other World Series game (a Bruce Hurst start) at Fenway in '86 and that was it for me, at least for the World Series. Unforgettable memories. Hey, thanks for the great comment. FAITH. Red Sox faith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home