Saturday, October 09, 2010

John Winston Ono Lennon October 9, 1940-December 8, 1980

Happy 70th birthday, John Winston Ono Lennon. Yes, it's October 9th. You would have been 70 years old today. It's been so long since your murder but I remember it like it was yesterday. You are truly missed. Rest in peace. That's what you always pleaded for. Peace. We all do. I wish we could just stop fighting. Impossible? Just IMAGINE. Everyone. It's easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us only sky. You may say John was a dreamer, but he wasn't the only one. And we're all the better for it.

To my readers, thanks for being here once again. I really appreciate every one of you. There are two especially sad dates for me each year. Today, John Lennon's birthday, and that hideous Monday night, December 8th when the world found out that John was gone. I recoiled when I heard Howard Cosell read the press release live on Monday Night Football. Tears were followed by anger. His passing didn't really sink in for a couple days. In many ways, it still hasn't. I invite you to click on this post's title for a wonderful pictorial with music. Please put your sound on and as always, BE WELL. Do it for John. Peace. What else is more important?

3 Comments:

At 10/09/2010 4:16 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I wish he was here so we could wish him Happy Birthday personally. John was not a perfect man by far, but giving his talent, time and his heartfelt conviction to promote peace was a noble deed. If we could have worldwide peace, we could start to help each other so that so many don't have to suffer. I wonder how much more he could have accomplished in the last 30 years? I'll just keep on missing him and celebrating this day on all of his birthdays.

Rest In Peace.

 
At 10/10/2010 6:09 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Well said, BFW. I hope you clicked on the post's title and watched that 2 1/2 minute video.

I think about him every day and I echo your sentiments. Oct. 9 is a day I love. Dec. 8...the complete opposite. But you already knew that. You take care. Peter

 
At 10/10/2010 6:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Oh, the FBI, in all their "infinite wisdom," confiscated a full set of John's fingerprints when they learned the set would be up for auction. Don't they realize they look like such fools still going after someone who's been gone for 30 year. Shades of J. Edgar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home