Monday, November 29, 2010

Red Sox Actively Looking For Bullpen Arms

Hello and good Monday morning. Yes, it's back to reality after the long weekend. I hope those four days treated you well. I wanted to post this blurb from an unnamed major league source. Here you go...

"According to a major league source, the Red Sox have shown interest in free agent relief pitcher Matt Guerrier. The right-hander, who has spent his entire seven-season major league career with the Twins, went 5-7 with a 3.17 ERA in 74 games with Minnesota in 2010. In the previous two seasons he led the American League in appearances with 76 and 79, respectively. The 32-year-old had been classified as a ‘Type A’ free agent, but the Twins failed to offer him arbitration thereby not costing any team that would sign the righty a draft pick. Primarily a ground-ball pitcher, Guerrier’s best pitch is a slider, which helped limit right-handed batters to a .210 batting average in ’10. He also walked just 22 in 71 innings last season."

Other than Bard and Papelbon, the bullpen is a question mark. New Red Sox pitching coach Curt Young has his hands full but I have faith in him.

Leslie Nielson passed yesterday and the post above this one conveys my thoughts. I'm going to cut this post short because I'm sad. As always, BE WELL. Read my other Monday post if you can. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home