Saturday, November 27, 2010

VMart On His Detroit Tigers (And His Former Team, The Boston Red Sox)

Victor Martinez, the newest member of the Detroit Tigers after spending a year and a half with the Boston Red Sox, seems to be a happy and content man. You see, he wants a ring. I'll let him tell you himself...

“I would like to thank the Red Sox to give me the opportunity, they brought me in last year at the end of the year, and this year. I really want to thank them very much. It was a great opportunity. It was a great experience. I can’t thank them enough for giving me that opportunity. On the other hand, I was really, really looking forward to come here to Detroit. Me and my family were really excited when Detroit was interested in myself and we were just finding a way to get it done. I know this organization. I played in the AL Central for pretty much my whole career. I played against you guys [Tigers] a lot. I can see the improvement you guys made. You guys are always trying to improve the team. Make the team better, competitive, and that’s something that I really liked. I was looking for a place to give me a great chance to put a ring on my finger. It couldn’t be better than the Detroit Tigers. I’m really happy to be here and I’m just anxious and ready to get spring training started.”

Good luck to you, Victor. You played well. I think the Sox wanted a higher level of defense. We'll see what happens with Salty and 'Tek. And stay tuned to the escalating hot stove shenanigans to come. In some ways, it's the most exciting time of the year (except for October play).

In women's NCAA college basketball, the University of Connecticut improved to 4-0 this season and have won an astounding 82 games in a row. They're looking to tie and then break the record of straight 88 wins that is held by John Wooden's UCLA teams. The final score last night was UCONN 86, Howard 25. As the score tells you, it was a mismatch.

I thank you for stopping in to my corner of the "blue nowhere" (the internet). It's Saturday so enjoy it! You can click on this post's title for more on the UCONN game and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home