Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Adrian Gonzalez Prepares...It's A UCONN Women's Night In Hartford, Connecticut

Adrian Gonzalez is getting ready for the 2011 MLB season with multiple daily grueling workouts in San Diego as he prepares for the family to make the move to the east coast. That's a big move. There are high Red Sox Nation hopes that will accompany them on their way. I'm one of 'em. He said this recently...

“I’m definitely looking forward to Boston — the team, the lineup, the atmosphere — everything’s going to be a whole different experience for me, so I’m excited about that. I don’t look back, I look forward. I’m just anticipating spring training, the whole spring training, getting to know everyone, getting situated there and getting to know all of my teammates."

Adrian sounds like he has his head on his shoulders and his heart striving to play for the Boston Red Sox. We all wish him well. Of course we do!

OK. I couldn't resist this. The University of Connecticut women's basketball team will try to do it all tonight, a Tuesday evening in Hartford. They'll be televised nationally beginning at 6pm EST on ESPN 2 and ESPN 2 HD. For all the schedule information, just scroll down one post below this one. What are the women Huskies trying to do? It's simple. They're trying to do what no basketball team, men OR women, NCAA or professional, has EVER DONE. If they win tonight, that would be their 89th consecutive victory. Need I say more? I didn't think so. Just check the post below this one for the full afternoon-filled schedule of events leading up to the 6pm ESPN 2 pre-game special and then...then...the game begins at 7pm. Hartford will be hopping, alive, as if if magically transformed into a paradise of hope, faith and certainty that the record will be ours by, let's say, 9pm or so. I'll be watching the game between Florida State and the champs and then I might head downtown near the end of the game to share the joy. Then again, if it's crazy in downtown Hartford (and it will be), I'll stay here and rejoice. Either way, I cannot lose.

Have a great Tuesday and I'll see every one of you soon with the latest at the earliest. Click on the title of this post for more on tonight's huge game and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home