BCS. Really, Mark?
Mark Cuban's view on the college football playoff series (so to speak). Inquiring minds want to know. From Yahoo sports with my thanks...
"Here's how the world works when you're as filthy, stinking rich as dot-com billionaire Mark Cuban:
1) You buy a basketball team;
2) You get a little bored after a few years;
3) You try to buy a baseball team;
4) You fail in your attempt to buy a baseball team;
5) You start reading a book about how terrible the Bowl Championship Series is.
6) You take it upon yourself to use your fortune to personally fund a playoff system that will render the BCS obsolete.
Cuban, the outspoken owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, told ESPNDallas.com on Wednesday that he is "actively interested but in the exploratory stage" of creating and funding a playoff system to crown a champion for major college football.
"The more I think about it, the more sense it makes as opposed to buying a baseball team," said Cuban, who tried to buy the Chicago Cubs and Texas Rangers within the last few years. "You can do something the whole country wants done."
Cuban said he has talked to two athletic directors from BCS conferences who were extremely enthusiastic about the idea. He intends to contact several school presidents and state senators in the coming weeks."
Wow, from the mouth of...no comment.