Wednesday, December 08, 2010

John Lennon October 9, 1940 - December 8,1980

Wow, it's that day again. December 8th. I dread it and the only spiritual relief I can get is to write this yearly post. John would have been 70 by now and it's been exactly 30 years since Mark David Chapman shot him in the back multiple times with hollow points and severed all the blood vessels going into and out of his heart. There was nothing the emergency doctors could do. Click on this post's title and you'll hear everything from the primary doctor who was called to aid him. Please, this eight minute UTUBE audio/video is not for the queasy or feint of heart.

Thanks for stopping in once again. Click on this post's title for something special but not for the feint of heart. John had no chance. Chapman was an expert shooter with hollow point bullets. That's a deadly combination even for an average shooter. Listen to the Doctor's chilling details. The Doc didn't even know it was Lennon until after John passed, although in reality he was dead when they carried him from the police car. His last word was "yes" when one of the officers asked him if he knew who he was. And then, right then, he went to Heaven.

I miss you, John. We ALL do. Rest in peace. Peace, that's what you yearned for. We haven't made it yet and maybe we won't in my lifetime. But the children and their children, there's always hope. Imagine. But you already did.

As always, BE WELL. I'll end with John Lennon's words from the early seventies. "AND WE ALL SHINE ON, LIKE THE MOON AND THE STARS AND THE SUN. YES WE ALL SHINE ON. ON AND ON AND ON AND ON..."

John, your light keeps on shining, brighter than ever.

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2010 11:48 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I always feel like a shadow passes over me on this day. It was a horrible, despicable act that made no sense. For what? Someone to get his name well-known for committing the worse act you can on earth - the taking of another's life. I'll never forgive that coward's act of murder.

And on the other end of the scale, I'll never forget John's contributions to the world. Thanks for remembering, Pete. Of course, I knew you would.

 
At 12/08/2010 3:33 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you for the kind words. I hate this day but writing a Dec 8 post makes me feel a little better.

I just ordered a new book about the day John was killed. It received tremendous reviews. For more info, just email me (go to my blog profile..it's there) & I'll send you the Amazon link. I've written a Dec. 8 post for 5 or 6 years now...go to the archives and click on this date each year.
Thanks again, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home