Monday, December 13, 2010

Red Sox Adrian Gonzalez Has Class...Boston Batting Order Is On Francona's Mind, Among Many Other Things

Boston Red Sox first baseman Adrian Gonzalez took out a full page ad yesterday to thank all his California hometown fans. Here is what he and his wife said in the San Diego Union-Tribune advertisement...

"My wife Betsy and I have been fortunate to call the San Diego area home - both during childhood and the past five seasons with the Padres. While my baseball career continues on the 'other' coast, family, friends, and Padres fans will remain close to our hearts. It was a dream come true to play for the hometown team for five wonderful years. It was a privilege to put on a uniform bearing 'San Diego,' and to live and work amidst so many wonderful people. This is truly an amazing city.
"Betsy and I will miss seeing so many of you on a regular basis. You always raised our spirits and have a profoundly positive impact on our lives. For this and so much more, we are grateful.
"For now, I will refrain from saying goodbye; the Adrian & Betsy Gonzalez Foundation will continue to honor its commitment to helping area youth and we have every intention of doing our part to better this already great community.
"Many thanks and God bless."

I think that's a great and kind gesture from someone who we'll get to know very well over the years. But as a first impression, this is heartwarming. In other Boston Red Sox news, Terry Francona has been thinking about the batting order and where exactly to slide in Carl Crawford. Carl has said in the past throughout his career that he does not like batting lead off. Read this quote from Red Sox skipper Terry Francona......

“I think I’ve been pretty consistent all along. Our best team is when Jacoby is hitting first. I’ll sit down with Carl, I’ll sit down with Pedey. Obviously Crawford’s going to hit somewhere in the top of the order, second or third, but we want to have some balance, as much as we can, with Adrian and Youk following, and David and J.D. There’s some things to think about. If they hit, it’s not an issue for me. We just want them to be the players they are and we’ll line it up where it works best. We just want them to be the players they are and we’ll line it up where it works best.”

I'll let Tito figure this one out but if I had my druthers, here's how I'd arrange the batting order. Ellsbury, Pedey, Crawford, Gonzalez, Youk, Papi, JD, Scutaro, Salty/'Tek.

Solid as a rock. I have to run now but click on this post's title for more and as always, BE WELL. Be careful out there. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home