Saturday, January 08, 2011

Pettitte Still Not Sure If He's Playing This Year...Boston Pre-Season Tickets GO ON SALE TODAY!

Flash to Deer Point, Texas. Andy Pettitte shuffles to the door when someone knocks and it turns out to be a New York Post reporter wondering if he will participate in the 2011 season as a player for the New York Yankees. The Yankees would sure love to know. Here's part of what he had to say...

"I'm just chilling out, hanging. I'm relaxing. If I had something, y'all would know. If I knew exactly what I was doing, y'all would know. I don't want to be a story. I really don't want the Yankees to worry about me. I just want them to go, just go on."

Just go, go on. Well, it sounds to me that he's gong to make his own decision on own his terms in his own time frame. Let's hope it's by February. Please, Andy. Oh, the Boston Red Sox have NO similiar worries. And that's a good thing. Here is the entire Boston Red Sox spring training game lineup. ALL GAMES go on sale today, so get out those credit cards, then go down to Florida and have fun! May the Sox win, especially the games you picked out. And don't forget, before or after the game (both??), to partake of some of the BEST BABY BACK RIBS I've ever had anywhere at Michelbobs. They have a place in Naples and a bigger one in Ft. Myers, not far from where the Red Sox play. And speaking of spring training & the Boston Red Sox, here is the full 2011 spring schedule....

Home Spring Schedule-Ft. Myers, FLA.
Date Opponent Time
Sat, Feb 26 Boston College Eagles 1:05 pm
Sat, Feb 26 Northeastern University Huskies 6:00 pm
Mon, Feb 28 Minnesota Twins 1:05 pm
Wed, Mar 2 Atlanta Braves 1:05 pm
Thu, Mar 3 Philadelphia Phillies 1:05 pm
Sat, Mar 5 Florida Marlins 1:05 pm
Mon, Mar 7 Baltimore Orioles 1:05 pm
Wed, Mar 9 Baltimore Orioles 7:05 pm
Sat, Mar 12 Florida Marlins 1:05 pm
Mon, Mar 14 New York Yankees 7:05 pm
Thu, Mar 17 New York Mets 1:05 pm
Fri, Mar 18 Detroit Tigers 1:05 pm
Sun, Mar 20 St. Louis Cardinals 1:05 pm
Tue, Mar 22 Tampa Bay Rays 7:05 pm
Fri, Mar 25 Toronto Blue Jays 7:05 pm
Sat, Mar 26 Minnesota Twins 7:05 pm
Tue, Mar 29 Tampa Bay Rays 1:05 pm

My mouth is watering and it's only 5:38am on a Saturday. YUMMMMMM, though. The unwritten rule is this...if you're lucky enough to have tickets for any spring training Red Sox games in your pockets, before the game (or after), try Michelbobs. You'd instantly become a happier person.

Hey, have a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend. You can click on this post's title to be zapped somewhere that has more about the homeless man with the "voice from God." He DOES have a magic voice. As always, BE WELL and let's be careful out there. See ya.

3 Comments:

At 1/08/2011 6:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Peter, you are right on about Michelbob's. Did you know you could have the ribs shipped up to Boston AND they are starting to show up in Northeast Higher End Grocery Stores?

 
At 1/09/2011 5:50 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know they ship tp the noortheast but I haven't seen them in any high end markets. I'm going to one later this morning and I'll ask. There's nothing like a huge plate of their onion rings arriving first with the cold beers and then the main coiurse. Ta-Da!! Thanks! I'll find out.

I WISH THEY'D JUST OPEN UP A RESTAURANT OR TEN!

 
At 1/10/2011 6:50 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

LOU, I'm sorry for my yesterday's spelling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home