Friday, February 04, 2011

Andy Pettitte Decides To Retire...Oficially

Andy Pettitte will announce his retirement from baseball today at a 10:30 a.m. press conference at Yankee Stadium. Said his former teammate, Johnny Damon...

“He is one of the best pitchers of all time. He is a big reason I was able to get my second ring. He knew how to pitch.”

Pettitte ends his 16 year career with a record of 240-138 and he holds the major-league record for postseason wins with a 19-10 record. Pettitte was tough, not a guy you'd like to face in any kind of situation. The Yankees will sorely miss him. You don't just replace an Andy Pettitte.

SI dot com's Tom Verducci wrote an effective and heartfelt piece to accompany this story. I implore you to read it. All you have to do is click on this post's title. Enjoy, I know you will. Have a great Friday and I'll be back first thing in the morning, if not sooner. As always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home