Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boston 1 Tampa Bay 1...UCONN Women Make It To Final Four

The University of Connecticut women's basketball team defeated Duke by a lopsided score of 70-45 Tuesday night. Connecticut pulled away at the beginning of the second hall and like a great race horse, just kept on going. UCONN became just the first school EVER to have a team in a BCS game, a team in the men's NCAA basketball tourney and yet another team in the women's division all in the same year. Good for them. So the 2011 Final Four looks like this...UCONN vs. Notre Dame (yes, Tennessee was beaten!) and Stanford (they gave UCONN its only loss this year) vs. Texas A&M (they beat Griner and Baylor). Two huge surprises were the losses of Baylor and Pat Summit's Tennessee. Ha ha to you, Pat Summit. I DON'T LIKE YOU! Psss...that's a huge understatement but this is a family blog.

Briefly, the Boston Red Sox tied the Tampa Bays Rays by a score of 1-1 yesterday in Disney World land. Clay Buchholz looked good and after his stellar 2010 season, he's not pitching for a job. And that makes all the difference in the world to him. Here's Clay...

“It’s basically a completely different feeling, coming in and knowing what I wanted to do rather than what I had to do. Years past, it was basically going out and trying to showcase, and if things went well, go from there. This year, my main focus coming into spring was work on my pitches, work on different situations, different counts, and I basically worked on everything that I needed to work on. I feel like every time out I didn’t have to gain the trust of anybody. I feel strong.”

Here are some prized words from the Boston Red Sox manager, Terry Francona...

“I don’t think there’s really anything we’re not pleased with. He’s getting ready to embark on a long year where he’s expected to hopefully pitch about 200 innings. I think he’s prepared himself to do that.”

GOOD LUCK CLAY! As we approach the battle between the four teams who will face off in the Basketball Final Four and the opening games of the 2011 baseball season, the excitement grows. What a great time of the year it is for you, me and sports. Please click on this post's title for more UCONN coverage and as always, BE WELL and have a terrific Hump Day Wednesday. You deserve it, don't you? The answer is yes, resoundingly. Click on this post's title for all the Final Four coverage you'd want. Thanks for popping in yet again, my Constant Readers, and enjoy my little corner of the BLUE NOWHERE, where vision is words and the imagination is limitless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home