Saturday, April 30, 2011

This Type Of Red Loss Infuriates Me

I'm sure you know what type of loss I mean. For instance, last night in Boston, the home club held a 4-2 lead going into the seventh. It was too bad Matsuzaka had to leave with a stiff shoulder and I hope he'll be back for his next start. Bobby Jenks is called in by Red Sox manager Terry Francona. Bobby Jenks, or Junks, is fast becoming the Fenway fiend. He gave up two runs and three hits to give this one away. Here's how the Boston Globe's EXTRA BASES put it...

"After returning home from a 10-day road trip with a 6-3 record, the Red Sox began an 11-game homestand in an inauspicious manner, squandering a 4-2 lead in a 5-4 loss to the Seattle Mariners Friday night before a Fenway Park crowd of 37,845.
Jason Vargas (1-2) picked up the win in going seven innings while allowing four runs on eight hits. Bobby Jenks (1-2) absorbed the loss."

That's it from me for now. They play again today so you should check your local listings. I usually write this blog with a lot more enthusiasm but not today. For that, I'm sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home