Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cubbies' Comeback...9-3 Chicago over Boston...Garza Scratched For Tonight's Game

It was 3-1 Boston and all was well through seven. I was listening to the game, from the beginning, on the Red Sox radio network. FOX televised the "other" game. That's when I fell asleep and all Cubbie batting hell broke loose. In mere minutes, the Chicago Cubs scored eight and beat the Boston Red Sox by a score of 9-3. Imagine my surprise when I found out a couple minutes ago (literally).

Matt Albers came on to preferably pitch the seventh and the eighth but it didn't work out that way. He didn't record an out and allowed five earned runs, six in all as the Cubs zoomed past Boston. Chicago took game two of the series 9-3. Here's a frustrated Matt Albers...

“Definitely frustrating, We get the lead, I come into the game and we want to shut the door and take the win. I have to put that one behind me.’’

I do too, Matt. Many of us do. Albers has been great so far this season. Everybody can have an off day once in a while and I think that's what happened. Game three is a 7:10pm EDT start tonight at Fenway. It'll be Timmy Wakefield (0-1) vs. Matt Garza (2-4). I can't even pick a winner because Garza is tough and Timmy is highly unpredictable. But at least the contest will be on NESN. No Fox shenanigans tonight. ** MATT GARZA HAS BEEN SCRATCHED because of elbow soreness. That's good for us. Lefty James Russell will start in his place. His record is 1-4 with an ERA of 6.26.

Thanks for stopping in to PRSF once again. I hope your Sunday will be a great one. If you want to see the ugly eighth inning Cubbie uprising, simply click on this post's title. You'll find 'em. As always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home