Monday, May 09, 2011

Happy Birthday Adrian Gonzales...Boston 9 Minnesota 5

Sunday was Boston Red Sox first baseman Adrian Gonzalez' birthday and, lucky for us, he had his party at the plate. He collected three hits including a scorched tater (sounds like part of lunch). Lately, there's been a Gonzales offensive upswing. What took so long? Here's Adrian. Yo, Adrian...

“It’s got nothing to do with the park; it’s got to do with my swing. My swing’s getting better and I’m learning to stay behind balls and drive through them. You start backing it up and trusting it more. It’s one of those things I usually don’t do too much in April. Once the season goes on, I do it more and more.’’

Gonzalez is hitting .359 (32 of 92) in the last 22 games with 13 extra-base hits and 17 RBIs. Nice numbers. When this team starts COLLECTIVELY hitting, the sky's the limit. They have a chance to do exactly that when they again play the Twins at 7:10pm EDT. It'll be Lester versus Liriano and it should be a good one. But I'd like to remind you this. Game four of the Celtics/Heat playoff series continues tonight at the same time. Can you say picture in picture? My main focus will be on the green team because the Red Sox game will last far longer. It should be a fun night, though. Enjoy it.

You can click on this post's title for more on yesterday's game, including a link to vote for your favorites for the MLB All Star game. Let's have a ton of Boston players there to represent us. I've already voted. As always, BE WELL. I'll see you soon. GO SOX! Oh, I almost forgot. Here is my AL All Star list. I voted a few minutes ago...

1B - Gonzalez, Adrian
2B - Pedroia, Dustin
SS - Aybar, Erick
3B - Youkilis, Kevin
C - Avila, Alex
DH - Ortiz, David
OF - Crawford, Carl
OF - Ellsbury, Jacoby
OF - Hunter, Torii

4 Comments:

At 5/09/2011 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty thrilled about Gonz. He reminds me of a pre-wonky Manny with a -good- attitude. You know, but with healthier hair.

 
At 5/10/2011 5:19 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Funny. He sure can bash the ball to all fields! His glove work has looked great, too. Go Jon Lester.

 
At 5/10/2011 10:08 AM, Anonymous BFW said...

Uh-oh. Pete misses a post means something is up.

 
At 5/10/2011 12:04 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Not a thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home