Thursday, June 09, 2011

Yankees Fall To Red Sox Again 11-6...Pedey Out A Month For Knee Surgery?

Good news and bad news for the Boston Red Sox highlighted Wednesday. First, the good news. Boston defeated the NY Yankees 11-6 to take over first place all by themselves. What a turnaround! Tim Wakefield pitched into the sixth inning (5.1 IP) and gave up five runs on five hits. New York did not hit the ball hard more than a handful of times. Timmy said this about that after the game...

“I think I pitched better than the results. I think I pitched pretty well.’’

J.D. Drew homered and drove in three runs for the Red Sox. Carl Crawford and David Ortiz also homered while Jacoby Ellsbury had three hits. The Red Sox collected 11 hits and eight walks against three Yankees pitchers and looked balanced and superior.

“We played really good as a team,’’ Wakefield said. “We’re in June now and games are starting to mean a little more. We’re pleased.

Alfredo Aceves, who has given the Boston bullpen a HUGE boost, finished the game in one run fashion. He has been clutch and might have finally found his role for this team. The news wasn't all good, however. Pedey has had pain in his right knee for the past month and, according to the man himself, will have an arthroscopic procedure to find out what's wrong inside that joint. The team says there is no procedure scheduled and that Pedey is being overdramatic. Here he is...

"It could keep me out a month. It's not what I want. But I have to get it checked out. It's been bothering me a lot. It's hard to hit with something wrong with your legs. I've been trying."

I hope the doctors check it out and I pray Pedey won't be out that long. My goodness, that injury epidemic has been and is nibbling all around the team. SHOO. But the fact is, the Sox are playing great baseball and I hope nothing will interfere with their stellar play.

The rivals go again tonight shortly after 7pm EDT and it'll be Josh Beckett and CC Sabathia battling on the mound. I like our chances for a sweep. That would be so sweet. Click on this post's title for more replays and articles on this fifth win in a row for our "good guys." As always, BE WELL. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home