Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Lackey Does His "Thing" Again

When John Lackey takes the mound, run,run like the world is on fire and that inferno is heading right for you! That's right, run, run for your life! I overdramatize. I hate to see the Red Sox mauled, and they were. I don't even know if Youk will be able to play. Lacky allowed 7 runs in the first three innings. The Red Sox scored and scored again but the final score was 9-7. Bah humbug Dear John. Here's Lackey after the game...

“Just continue to work hard. I’ve made a lot of adjustments, kind of on the fly,’’ he said. “Some of those will hopefully turn into some results here soon. I’ve felt a lot better since coming off the DL. I’ve pitched some good games and lost and obviously had some pretty rough ones.’’

Here's some more sobering news. Among major league pitchers with at least 70 innings this season, Lackey has the highest earned run average by more than a run at 7.47 I can't even comment on that stat. I feel that there are only two things that can be done. Keep playing him every five days and let him work it out. That's a bad idea. A better one is this. Theo, realize that you and the team are making a mistake if you continue to let him pitch without his arm being totally checked out. If there's nothing wrong in the doctor's opinion, admit Mike Cameron style that the team made another free agent mistake.

That's all I have for you today. I hope your 4th of July weekend was terrific and as always, BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 7/05/2011 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why? why is he still here? why?

 
At 7/05/2011 3:07 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I just looked everywhere and he's not HERE. Just kidding and I don't know. Doctor alert...fix him!.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home