Wednesday, July 13, 2011

National League Takes Its Second Straight All Star Game 5-1

The only bright spot of this game for Boston Red Sox fans was the home run that Adrian Gonzalez smashed. But that was the run total for the American League team...one. The loneliest number. The final score was 5-1 National League. Gonzalez said this about his long ball...

“He threw me a fastball away and I swung through and then he came back with a cutter and I was able to stay on it and get it up in the air. It was great to be able to produce and help our team. It was a great experience here.’’

Once Adrian gets a ball "up in the air," it stays in the air until it falls into someone's lap out in the stands. His fly balls carry as if propelled by a personal jet stream, something like having Superman as your number one fan and he helps you out with a puff of his super breath. I wonder why neither the mouthwash manufacturers or toothpaste makers haven't enlisted Superman in their advertising campaigns. Super breath needs a super mouth product. I'm just daydreaming but I'm serious. I think Superman or Clark Kent (even better) should have been a focus. I have it all clear in my mind. Start with a close shot of Clark Kent as he says something like "I have a side job being Superman. Of course, this is just between me and you. Being Superman, I occasionally have to use my super breath. That's when ------ toothpaste, my favorite, is essential. Imagine bad breath and super breath combined. It's not a pretty thought. If ------ toothpaste works for me, then it will work for you. I promise on my home planet of Krypton."

OK, I'm back from my flight of whimsey. Josh Beckett felt some discomfort in his knee while warming up before the game. He mentioned it and was told he would not pitch, a decision he agreed with. Here he is...

“It’s not something I was comfortable with. I don’t think I re-injured it but it still definitely has inflammation. I could have pitched. I’m just not comfortable going out there and getting hurt in an All-Star Game and costing myself starts in the second half. I think that’s how everybody should be. This game does mean a lot with home-field advantage in the World Series, and everything. But at the same time there are some things that are ahead that are a little more important."

Like the remaining regular season, right Josh? Right. I hope what you felt last night while warming up was not a setback. We need you in the rotation big time.

Lastly, we'll most likely hear something about the possible fine and suspension of David Ortiz for the fisticuffs last week. Joe Torre said to the media to expect this. A couple of games would be no big deal but my goodness, we were just without him for that inter-league bunch of games.

Thanks for stopping in, click on this post's title for all the highlights of the All Star game and as always and forever, BE WELL. Thanks for stopping by. GO SOX.

2 Comments:

At 7/26/2011 7:00 AM, Anonymous erhard said...

Thank you for a mouthful information about Boston Red Sox. I like your post keep up the good work

 
At 7/26/2011 7:44 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

You're welcome. Now we need keep first place ours. Take care. Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home