Monday, July 25, 2011

NFL News...

Not that I'm a big fan of professional football like I am of major league baseball, but it looks more and more like there will be football in 2011. Here's a release just in to the Associated Press...

WASHINGTON—"NFL owners and players agreed early Monday to the terms of a deal to end the lockout, and players were expected to begin their voting process later in the day, two people familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.
The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the process was supposed to remain secret and no formal announcement had been made. The NFL Players Association's executive committee was to meet at its headquarters in Washington on Monday so it could be presented with the finalized agreement. NFLPA president Kevin Mawae arrived shortly after 9:30 a.m.
Owners overwhelmingly approved a proposal last week, but some unresolved issues still needed to be figured out to satisfy players; the owners do not need to vote again. The sides worked through the weekend and wrapped up talks Monday morning, one of the people told the AP.
"We have every reason to believe it's going to be a good day," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an email to the AP."

Good for them. I love the Patriots and root for them every game but am I enthused by the game itself like I am watching the Boston Red Sox? No way, no how, not even close. But this could be great news for those millions of football fans out there. Click on this post's title for more of the pigskin story. It's not about pulled pork. Thanks.

4 Comments:

At 7/25/2011 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh... I'm a Miami girl. So. Um. eh...

 
At 7/25/2011 3:52 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Um. Eh...don't get me wrong. During my college days through the 80s, I was first a Steeler fan and hated Dallas. School was in eastern Pa., roughly 60 miles west of Philly. When my roots were established here, it was all Patriots and it wasn't fun in the beginning. When they started winning, I'd never miss a game. So I have nothing against football. The NFL is not in the same stratosphere as MLB, in my opinion, but it'll do in a pinch. I hope your Monday's been good so far. LESTER tonight.

 
At 7/25/2011 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know! i really want to see him pitch but i have a slew of meetings... so who knows if i'll even be able to see the score until the wee hours. here's to all my meetings being cancelled! it could happen.

 
At 7/26/2011 3:38 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

That's when the game ended! I woke up at 1:28a. and put on the bedside radio and it was still tied. I turned it off after that or I never would have gotten any sleep. Look, I'm up at 3:37am anyways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home