Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Red Sox Win 3-2...Lester Out

The Boston Red Sox defeated the Toronto Blue Jays by a score of 3-2. It was that close because Jonathan Papelbon allowed four hits and two earned runs in the ninth. Hey Paps, that wasn't necessary. But that wasn't the big story on Tuesday. Jon Lester was rolling along after giving up zero hits. He walked into the dugout after his half of that fourth and was not seen again. Word of what happened was long time coming but when it did, it showed that Lester has a strained lower left latissimus, a large muscle that runs beneath the shoulder. Just the name frightens me. Jon will have an extensive examination today. Then we'll have a better idea as to the length of his time out. Here he is himself...

“It should be fine, hopefully for the rest of the season. I don’t think it’s a long-term issue. We may alter one start. We’ve got the All-Star break built in.’’

We're all rooting for you, Jon. Of that I'm certain. I'll see you tomorrow or before. I'm a lttle under the weather right now. As always, be well. Thanks for stopping in.

3 Comments:

At 7/06/2011 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was terrifying! I couldn't discern why he was pulled until this morning. I hope that was one of those better-safe-than-sorry decisions and not a we're-screwed-and-already-sorry decisions...

 
At 7/07/2011 11:14 AM, Anonymous Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I hope Clay & Jon are feeling better soon - & you too, Pete. It's unusual for you to miss a post, so I know something must be amiss. Please be well.

 
At 7/09/2011 5:57 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

But we're NOT SCREWED! Now let's get Beckett back without missing his turn in the rotation.

I'm feeling great now and you're right. Sometimes when I'm feeling less than par, I write short post's. You can see great examples this past week, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home