Friday, August 26, 2011

Power Surge For Adrian Gonzales Carries Red Sox To A 6-0 Win Over Rangers

Gonzales (two), Papi and Salty all homered to bring the Boston Red Sox to their third straight victory over the Texas Rangers. Now, it's bye bye Texas, hello Fenway Park. Here are the upcoming pitching match ups...

Fri. 26 Oak** 7:10 PM ET CSCA/NESN** T. Wakefield (6-5) vs. G. Gonzalez (10-11)
Sat. 27 Oak **12:05 PM ET CSCA/NESN **J. Lester (13-6) vs. G. Moscoso (6-7)
Sat. 27 Oak **5:05 PM ET CSCA/NESN** E. Bedard (4-9) vs. TBA

Adrian Gonzalez continued his homer tear with two more long balls to give him five in the past three days, while David Oritz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia each went deep to back an effective Andrew Miller, who tossed 6 1/3 shutout innings. Here's the hot hitter, AGonz...

“When you’re not feeling well, you don’t go up there and be ready to swing at the first pitch. You might want to see a pitch or two. When you’re not feeling well, you don’t go up there and be ready to swing at the first pitch. You might want to see a pitch or two. That’s something everybody would agree with.’’

Makes sense to me. Boston pitcher Andrew Miller looks like he will stay in the rotation. He pitched 6 1/3 innings and gave up three hits and zero runs. The bullpen, in the form of Aveves and Wheeler, kept the shutout alive. This was a nice effort from all the pitchers and this win was a great way to finish this road trip. But you know what they say...all's well that ends well.

Have a great Friday as a tons of Connecticutions prepare for this storm late Saturday into Sunday. The only thing that would upset me other than my house being damaged would be a prolonged period of no electricity. I need my refrigerator to keep my insulin very cool. I myself have to stock up the refrigerator and freezer with plenty of food and pick up most of my prescription medications. I'll keep you posted on this dire storm situation over the weekend, unless I DO lose power.

Thanks for stopping in, click on this post's title for more Red Sox stuff and as always, BE WELL. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 8/26/2011 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if we can just cure the K-Youk...

 
At 8/26/2011 1:23 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

There you are...I lost you to a daydream. I thought he'd be just about ready but I guess not. I expect we'll see him at third before the end of this month. Wow. what a jolt to the lineup!

We're getting ready for the hurricane Saturday night and Sunday. The thing I'd hate would be to lose power for an extended period of time.

Stay safe. Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home